Senior Backend Web Developer
Who We Are
Ingresso is a London-based ticketing company with a small team and a startup atmosphere. Our job is to connect a large number of supplier ticketing systems to a wide distribution channel powered by the best API. In 2017 we were bought by a publicly traded company, accesso. We have done the work to connect to a large number of ticketing system APIs, allowing us to sell tickets straight from the venue systems. We are profitable and selling thousands of tickets every day.
Our ticketing platform consists of:
- A transactional ticketing API
- Ticketing websites (e.g. branded as Ticketmaster Theatre or our own retail brand, From the Box Office)
We aim to make these two products best in market and need your help to do it.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a senior software engineer with experience in running large-scale web projects and an understanding of software architecture, API development, and infrastructure considerations to join our small team. You will work closely with the platform team on a variety of tasks, such as:
- Developing our public API and recommending improvements based on your experience with other APIs etc.
- Supporting and advising on our migration from a monolithic architecture to a microservices architecture. It is important you have experience of a modern services-based architecture running at scale
- Architecting and developing new services and products, in consultation with our operations and sales teams, which may be exposed to customers via public APIs or internal service APIs
- For our backend services, we use a mixture of Python and Go, with our legacy application written in Objective C
- Our stack runs on Kubernetes in GKE, with a legacy system running on-premises on FreeBSD
- We use CI pipelines to test our code and build deployment images, and are looking to expand that capability with full CI/CD with a service mesh
We still have a large legacy Objective-C code base which needs to be actively developed to ensure we move fast. We need someone who is prepared to get stuck in to whatever is needed to get the job done. You will have in-depth knowledge of at least one of the languages used in our stack and an interest in helping our team shape the software we build with your expertise and understanding. The position involves interesting challenges including proposing and building internal APIs, ensuring high transactional throughput, and simplifying the system to prepare our current platform for client growth. We expect you to recommend improvements to our architecture, and to offer solutions using modern tools and development practices. You will need to be able to work closely with others in the development team, product management, and others in the business. Our infrastructure is a mixture of on-premises for our legacy systems and a Kubernetes platform running in GKE, so any experience with system administration and infrastructure development, or a willingness to get involved, will be a plus.
- Experience architecting and building backend applications, end to end
- Experience delivering high-scale low latency applications
- Strong database and SQL knowledge
Nice To Have
- DevOps experience
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience in startup environments and agile-like development
- We are located in London, W6. Please only apply if you are able to meet for interview, have a permanent UK work permit, and can work on-site.
- Perks & Benefits: We are part of a larger ticketing company, accesso, with a generous health insurance and pension scheme. You will be given a new MacBook Pro or other laptop/OS of your choice. We have free fruit, Friday afternoon beers, and often free tickets to West End shows and other entertainment.