Software Engineer (Java)
accesso® Named One of Orlando’s “Best Places to Work” https://accesso.com/news/accesso-named-one-of-orla...
TE2, The Experience Engine, a division of accesso, provides consumer-facing enterprises an engine to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. We believe every consumer facing business with physical locations will benefit from a machine-learning based platform that provides deep insights and recommendations for how consumers interact and ultimately spend with global brands.
As a Software Engineer at TE2, you will be a key contributor on a core engineering team that is designing and developing key components of TE2’s platform that drives personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time.
Some of what you will be working on:
- Enabling personalized guest experiences based on specific location using location-based technologies (BLE Beacons, GPS, and WiFi Position Triangulation)
- Perfecting turn-by-turn navigation and indoor wayfinding
- Enabling augmented reality
- Mapping global places and venues
- Developing software to revolutionize the integrations between eOS and a wide variety of customer systems of record
- Building frameworks which will enable rapid deployment of new customers and real-time monitoring of the environment
- Integrating with payment platforms to reduce the friction and allow easier access to personalized experiences
- Exposing our customers' product catalogs through mobile apps tightly integrated with location services
- Providing analytics on user browse, search, and purchasing activity that drive personalized recommendations
- Enabling redemption of experiences through integrations with barcode scanners, ticketing systems, and wearable devices
- Implementing the latest in service-based authentication security protocols and solutions
- Capturing, storing, and protecting profile data in order to build an overall snapshot of a consumer
- Mapping and determining relationships amongst various user identities whether it be individually, between people, or groups of people (Identity Management)
Technical challenges you may tackle include:
- Contributing to our platform architectural transformation into a modern, scalable microservices foundation
- Assisting in the design and implementation of a secure, restful API Gateway with routing to platform micro-services
- Helping to design and implement a distributed trace logging for all eOS micro-services
- Contributing to data modeling and migration from single-tenant Couchbase databases into a multi-tenant cluster
- Implementing complex domain-model mappings between our client-facing APIs and customer systems of record
- Implementing our product suite in ways that provide simple, usable common functionality, while allowing customer-specific added functionality
- Continuously deploying our software into a cloud-based platform using tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Building reusable, multi-tenant software components that integrate with content management systems, commerce systems, and other industry-specific platforms
Some of the technologies you will be working with:
- Java 8
- AWS, Cloud Elastic Architectures
- Multiple Apache projects, including: ServiceMix, CXF (JAX-RS), ActiveMQ
- Spring Boot
- Microservice Technologies: Eureka, Ribbon, Hystrix
- RESTful / JSON web API service layerCouchbase (NoSQL) data persistence and cache layer
- Continuous delivery integration through Jenkins pipelines
- 2+ years of related work experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
- Experience in Java or similar OO language (C#, C++)
- Strong grasp of OO programming principles
- Experience with REST APIs
- Willingness and ability to embrace an AGILE development methodology
- Expertise in a core area of technology in use by the business
- Ability to teach others and raise their level of expertise
- Exploring additional areas of technology that are in alignment with the company's goals and objectives.
- Understands and executes to use appropriate technology to build cutting edge products and services.
- Ability to apply appropriate design patterns to distill complex problems and make them simpler to resolve.
- Ability to adapt design patterns through thoughtful analysis of the requirements and context of the problem.
- Can be trusted to design a solution that involves many systems, front, back, in the middle, and not just a single coding problem.
Progress without Clarity:
- The developer can be trusted with a problem to be solved, not a task to be executed.
- Ability to break down the problem and determine the sequence and priority of the tasks within the problem.
- Ability to determine what is and is not in scope and an ability to appropriately adjust the scope in order to solve the problem properly.
- Essentially the problem can be resolved without perfect direction or clarity because the individual has the maturity and experience to breakdown and solve the problem.
Estimation and Planning:
- Proven ability not to underestimate or overestimate the amount of effort and time required to solve a problem.
- Proven experience and ability to communicate progress accurately and succinctly.
- Ability to influence others and use tact to ensure progress across domains and organizations.
- Can be trusted to deliver large projects independently that meet or exceed the requirements presented.
- An ability to work with others through points of disagreement and come out the other side and move forward with the decision.
- The ability to “disagree and commit.”
- Proven ability to influence others with tact, persistence, facts, and demonstration with an openness for corrections and direction from others.
- An understanding that influence is powerful, that words matter a great deal, and that the right words can enable the right result.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus with the potential for stock options.
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours
- Generous PTO plan
- Health insurance plans, including employer-contributed HSA, as well as employer paid disability and life insurance.
- Matching 401K
- We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free and smoke free company, meaning employees may not smoke or use illegal drugs while at work or away from work.
- This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
- If you are interested in joining a team who values Passion, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity and what we’ve described above is YOU, then apply today and let’s talk!