Junior Software Tester
Who We Are
accesso® is a world-wide software company delivering industry leading virtual queuing, eCommerce and ticketing solutions for the attractions, cultural and leisure industries. Our accesso LoQueue leading-edge virtual queuing solutions get people out of queue lines and uses multiple technology platforms for all kinds of attractions. We help create additional revenue for parks and improve their guests' experience by allowing guests to wait less and enjoy more.
We are currently seeking two Junior Software Quality Assurance Testers to join our UK Development Team.
We need someone with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well within a team environment are essential. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are vital.
We move quickly and look for team members with excellent problem-solving techniques and the ability to make sound decisions. We require self-starters who are able to adapt and learn quickly.
Primary Job Duties:
- Writing and executing test cases for functional and regression testing
- Work alongside the development and programme management teams
- Understand specifications, requirements and design documentation in order to draw up test scenarios then create test documentation and communicate the status on these effectively with the teams
- Managing and reporting test results for manual tests
- Maintaining existing manual test cases and updating them as necessary
- Able to investigate, analyse and document report defects
- Support test plans to ensure the application is functionally fit for purpose
- Maintaining test environments to include managing test data, configuring systems for specific test needs on team city, and monitoring issue reports (e.g. fogbugz)
- Participating in team building and driving QA efforts towards continuous process improvement
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience
- Working in web application testing
- Writing test cases
- Utilizing enterprise-class test management tool
- Working in a ticketing system
- Comfortable with command line functions such as connecting to remote servers and tailing or searching log files using basic unix/linux commands
- Science degree (preferably: maths, physics or computing)
- Writing basic SQL queries
Interpersonal skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed team
- Good attitude and communication skills
- Eagerness to learn new skills as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to follow and enforce processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
Preferred background and Skills:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a fast growing organization
- Mobile testing experience
- Working knowledge of Fogbugz,Teamcity
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Compensation package includes health insurance, pension contribution.
- The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus.
- You’ll be reporting to the accesso LoQueue Development Manager.
- This position sits at our Twyford, Berkshire location.
- Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the UK without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free and smoke free company.
- This is a full-time, exempt position. No contractors please.
If you are interested in joining a team who values Passion, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity and what we’ve described above is YOU, then apply today and let’s talk!