TE2, The Experience Engine, a division of accesso, provides consumer-facing enterprises an engine to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. We believe every consumer facing business with physical locations will benefit from a machine-learning based platform that provides deep insights and recommendations for how consumers interact and ultimately spend with global brands.
Your objective is to essentially "make things scale" which includes: building software that automates experiences, developing utilities that provide insights/metrics, and providing instrumentation for the Engineering teams to more efficiently scale up the TE2 platform's performance.
Challenges you may tackle include:
- Instrumentation and metrics collection from AWS lambda FaaS or otherwise immutable containers
- Minimize and harden microservices and public-facing API gateway attack surface
- Continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes
- Observability, capacity planning, system and service performance analysis and tuning
- Orchestration of AWS VPC resources using tools such as terraform, boto, consul
Some of the technologies you will be working with:
- Configuration management: ansible, aws-cli, git, mostly RedHat derived linux
- Metrics and monitoring: statsd, Kafka, ELK, PagerDuty, Slack chatops
- Microservices patterns: Eureka, Ribbon, Hystrix, nginx
- Couchbase (NoSQL, N1QL), memcached, Elasticsearch, MySQL
- L2-L7 frame/packet/session inspection: netflow, WAF, pcap
- 5+ years of highly-available or high-volume site reliability engineering or systems administration
- 3+ years of infrastructure automation, configuration management or container orchestration
- Strong with one or more languages (Go (golang), Python, Java, Ruby, perl or bash) and git
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
- Willingness to embrace an agile devops culture
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus with the potential for stock options.
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours
- Generous PTO plan
- Health insurance plans, including employer-contributed HSA, as well as employer paid disability and life insurance.
- Matching 401K
- We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free and smoke free company, meaning employees may not smoke or use illegal drugs while at work or away from work.
- This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
- If you are interested in joining a team who values Passion, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity and what we’ve described above is YOU, then apply today and let’s talk!