Software Engineer (Java)
Who We Are
accesso® is a world-wide software company delivering industry leading virtual queuing, eCommerce and ticketing solutions for the attractions, cultural and leisure industries. The accesso Passport ticketing suite was built for where your customers shop - whether at the front gate, on their computers at home or from their mobile phones. The attractions industry’s #1 eCommerce engine has sold 28+ million tickets online per year and processed over $1 billion transactions annually. Our innovative approach to up-selling, cross-selling and simply selling more are key differentiators of our proprietary hosted technology and an important component of maximizing revenue.
What We Need
We are looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer who will work as part of our team to develop back-end services to support the accesso Passport® suite. This may include the redesign, development and future maintenance of the custom Java services. You’ll be expected to participate in daily stand-ups and sprint planning sessions as part of our Agile development process. We move fast and as priorities shift, you’ll need to keep up with your peers. We need someone who can code, collaborate and contribute.
- At least 2 years of dedicated software development experience in Java. You will also have:
- Written unit tests for Java applications
- Experience with relational databases, like MySQL, including writing complex SQL queries
- Familiarity with XML and JSON
You’ll be successful on our team if you:
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- You enjoy solving challenging problems on a global scale
- Take pride in the code that you write – quality first!
- You are passionate about your work… because we are about our product
- Can play a mean game of ping pong… and are not opposed to getting hit by a rogue Nerf gun dart
- Previous eCommerce and/or ticketing industry experience
- Previous experience in Spring framework
- Previous experience working with AWS
- You’re comfortable in a Linux environment
- If you are familiar with a RESTful architecture
- Knowledge of advanced deployment mechanisms and continuous integration models
- You’ve scaled applications on a global level
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus with the potential for stock options.
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours
- Generous PTO plan
- Health insurance plans, including employer-contributed HSA, as well as employer paid disability and life insurance.
- Matching 401K
- You’ll be reporting to a Software Development Manager.
- We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free and smoke free company, meaning employees may not smoke or use illegal drugs while at work or away from work.
- This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
- You must be able to work onsite alongside your other Passport® team members in Lake Mary, Florida
If you are interested in joining a team who values Passion, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity and what we’ve described above is YOU, then apply today and let’s talk!