Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Mobile
TE2, The Experience Engine, a division of accesso, provides consumer-facing enterprises an engine to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. We believe every consumer facing business with physical locations will benefit from a machine-learning based platform that provides deep insights and recommendations for how
consumers interact and ultimately spend with global brands.
Who are you?
- You believe in Murphy's Law and "see around corners" in order to catch potential issues before they go live.
- You are motivated by helping to build a product that is innovative and game changing.
- You like to work with a wide array of technology rather than specializing in one specific technology.
- You love big technical challenges.
- You truly care about the business impact of what you help build and release.
- You adapt well to change.
- You have a strong passion for quality.
As the SDET on our mobile team, you will use your skills to enable our customer to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. You will be responsible for owning our mobile test suites, improving our tools and processes, and empowering development teams to move faster, with higher confidence.
- Improve the coverage and reliability of our automated test suites.
- Develop automated tests for iOS and/or Android OS.
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, short release cycles).
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve product quality.
- Lead technical projects.
- Teach, learn, and document.
What types of TE2 products and services might I be working on?
- Location-based technologies (BLE Beacons and GPS).
- Turn-by-turn navigation and indoor wayfinding.
- Mapping global places and venues.
- Payment platforms.
- Analytics on user browse, search, and purchasing activity that drive personalized recommendations.
- Service-based authentication security protocols and solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent)
- 4+ years of professional software engineering in test experience
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
- Experienced in mobile (iOS or Android) and service test automation
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Knowledge of SOA and scalability
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDiT role
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Mobile (iOS and Android) security experience is a big plus.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus with the potential for stock options.
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours
- Generous PTO plan
- Health insurance plans, including employer-contributed HSA, as well as employer paid disability and life insurance.
- Matching 401K
- We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free and smoke free company, meaning employees may not smoke or use illegal drugs while at work or away from work.
- This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
- If you are interested in joining a team who values Passion, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity and what we’ve described above is YOU, then apply today and let’s talk!