Senior Android Developer
TE2, The Experience Engine, a division of accesso, provides consumer-facing enterprises an engine to drive personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time. We believe every consumer facing business with physical locations will benefit from a machine-learning based platform that provides deep insights and recommendations for how consumers interact and ultimately spend with global brands.
Help lead the way as we design and build our next generation of mobile apps using the latest Android Technologies. This is an opportunity to help a talented and dynamic team disrupt mobile and wearable consumer experiences. Your passion and experience will enable us to deliver mobile applications used by millions of consumers within the theme park, hospitality, quick serve, cruise, and healthcare industries.
- Build new and engaging native Android applications for customers in the hospitality, cruise, theme park, healthcare and quick-service restaurant verticals
- Develop, document, and distribute reusable, component libraries for mobile applications to integrate the TE2 Platform.
- Drive technical design and research for prototyping new concepts and capabilities that leverage the latest Android OS features.
- Collaborate with the product management team to clarify designs and requirements
- Deliver feature enhancements and continuous improvements to our existing suite of successful mobile apps
- Active participation in an Agile development process
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of Android experience
- Experience developing, publishing, and maintaining native Android applications
- Experience building component libraries for teams and third-party developers to integrate into their existing mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of Java and the Android SDK
- Understanding of APK packaging, installation, structure of the Android filesystem, system applications and libraries
- Experience with RESTful APIs and parsing JSON to communicate with backend services
- Understanding of proven design patterns and architectures
- Ability to analyze and optimize code for performance, memory usage, CPU utilization, and battery life
- Passion for product quality and attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile. Attends or organizes local Android Meetups
- e-Commerce experience
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Love of craft beer
- Please include any GitHub account, Google Play apps, LinkedIn profile, and any project you're particularly proud of. We would love to see your work
Examples of current Android Apps Developed by TE2 and powered by the TE2 platform:
- Grupo Vidanta: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....
- Knott's Berry Farm: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....
- Legoland: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- The opportunity to earn an annual company discretionary bonus with the potential for stock options.
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours
- Generous PTO plan
- Health insurance plans, including employer-contributed HSA, as well as employer paid disability and life insurance.
- Matching 401K
- We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free and smoke free company, meaning employees may not smoke or use illegal drugs while at work or away from work.
- This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
- If you are interested in joining a team who values Passion, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity and what we’ve described above is YOU, then apply today and let’s talk!